Would you like to work for an independent, award-winning consultancy who can offer the opportunity to work on a wide range of significant projects in your local community?
Over the last 60 years, Curtins have re-shaped and improved the sky line of many of our towns and cities.
At Curtins our people are empowered to do the right thing and help each other to become the best version of themselves.
We do this because the world we all live in and the legacy we leave matters.
What you’ll be doing
You will take the lead on projects and be able to work independently but also collaborate with the wider team when required this will include delegating work & mentoring junior engineers & Technicians
You will work alongside our clients and your civils peers representing Curtins at design meetings for a variety of Schemes.
Our work is varied but in Nottingham we are known for our work in the education sector, designing new teaching blocks and university buildings at an existing site to new build schools, our projects can range in value from 2-50 million.
What we need from you
Significant experience in a consultancy environment and be familiar with software such as TEKLA (or equivalent)
A positive influencer who is able to delegate work fairly while being available and approachable to support and mentor Junior members of the team
Awareness of civils elements of schemes i.e drainage design so able to contribute to meetings and share required information with the wider team.
Familiar with designing structures in the education sector would be advantageous
What we offer in return
- Purposeful and innovative work in a fun, relaxed and flexible working environment
- A fair salary and industry leading staff benefits: including 5* holiday lodge accommodation! (ask to see our benefits brochure for the full list!)
- We trust our people and give everyone the opportunity to develop with the right balance of support and challenge
- Training and development support to be the best you can be, awarded the “excellence in L&D” award by Construction news and “innovative training provider” by the ACE
- We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited company, standard that is currently held by fewer than 1% of IIP accredited organisations!
- As we are a 100% Employee-Owned Trust, you’ll become part of that ownership structure as soon as you arrive.
This is what some of our employees have to say about working here:
“Curtins has always given me the right amount of responsibility and support to go with it- the company trusts me. I’ve never wanted to work anywhere else.”
"Being an employee owned trust means that we are the ones shaping and influencing our future and the culture here at Curtins - not investors with competing priorities"
"One of the reasons I love working at Curtins is there is so much input from everyone around us, There is a family feel to it"
Feel free to contact us for more information or to request for a copy of our benefits brochure on:
📞 07706 354 840
Should you wish to discuss any adjustments to the application process or provide us with feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to discuss ways we can make the process more suitable to your needs.
We value diversity and respect all differences in people. We invite enthusiastic individuals who share in our values of teamwork, client focus, integrity, and quality to apply to join us.