Would you like to work for an independent, award-winning consultancy who can offer the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of significant projects in your local community?
Over the last 60 years, Curtins have re-shaped and improved the sky line of many of our towns and cities.
At Curtins our people are empowered to do the right thing and help each other to become the best version of themselves.
We do this because the world we all live in and the legacy we leave matters.
What you’ll be doing
Assisting the Specialist Geotechnical Team with day to day running of technical and logistical activities of the geotechnical projects including the following scopes of work:
- Scoping and specifying intrusive geotechnical ground investigations,
- Geotechnical Design related to foundation design; retaining wall design and soil-structure interaction
- Earthwork Specifications and ground improvement techniques,
- Due Diligence Assessments for transactional purposes,
- Preparation of project cost and time estimates,
- Compiling reports, including EC7 standard GIR and GDR’s, and production of other related technical documents including Ground Movement Assessments, earthworks & piling specifications
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering Geology and Geotechnics or other relevant subject.
- Work experience in a similar consultancy role, preferably in the built-environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of engineering geology and detailed understanding of Geotechnical Design to British Standard, EC7 and other relevant specification.
- Experience with Geotechnical Design Software for foundation design; retaining wall design and soil-structure interaction such as Oasys Suite, LimitState, Settle3D).
- Capability of producing written reports to highest standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Valid driving license and ability to travel to sites across the south of England as and when required.
A Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be desirable.
What we offer in return
- Purposeful and innovative work in a fun, relaxed and flexible working environment
- A fair salary and industry leading staff benefits: including 5* holiday lodge accommodation! (ask to see our benefits brochure for the full list!)
- We trust our people and give everyone the opportunity to develop with the right balance of support and challenge
- Training and development support to be the best you can be, awarded the “excellence in L&D” award by Construction news and “innovative training provider” by the ACE
- We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited company, standard that is currently held by fewer than 1% of IIP accredited organisations!
- As we are a 100% Employee-Owned Trust, you’ll be eligible for our annual profit share bonus and become part of that ownership structure as soon as you arrive.
This is what some of our employees have to say about working here:
“Curtins has always given me the right amount of responsibility and support to go with it- the company trusts me. I’ve never wanted to work anywhere else.”
"Being an employee owned trust means that we are the ones shaping and influencing our future and the culture here at Curtins - not investors with competing priorities"
"One of the reasons I love working at Curtins is there is so much input from everyone around us, There is a family feel to it"
Feel free to contact us for more information or to request for a copy of our benefits brochure on:
📞 07706 354 840
Should you wish to discuss any adjustments to the application process or provide us with feedback please contact email@example.com we would be happy to discuss ways we can make the process more suitable to your needs.
We value diversity and respect all differences in people. We invite enthusiastic individuals who share in our values of teamwork, client focus, integrity, and quality to apply to join us.