Would you like to work for an independent, award-winning consultancy who can offer the opportunity to work on a wide range of significant projects.
Over the last 60 years, Curtins have re-shaped and improved the skyline of many of our towns and cities.
At Curtins our people are empowered to do the right thing and help each other to become the best version of themselves.
We do this because the world we all live in and the legacy we leave matters.
What you’ll be doing
Finding civil and structural design solutions that breathe new life and value into communities. There is an enormous variety of projects on offer from large school projects for Isle of Man Government, to smaller domestic projects working with local Architects.
We have the unique position in Douglas of being able to grow our team and deliver locally, but also deliver large projects with support from the wider UK business when required. We have recently won some exciting new development projects on the Island and are looking to grow our local team.
What we need from you
We are looking for a candidate with development potential to become a leader in the growth of the Douglas Office, whilst focussing on technical delivery in the short to medium term.
- Someone with solid engineering principles and ability to adapt when required to suit the needs of the work required within a small team
- Suitably qualified Civil/ structural engineer who has, or is keen to achieve chartership with ICE/ IStructE (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of EuroCode and design software such as Tekla/ other modelling software and/or some experience in Civils/ Drainage design would be advantageous
What we offer in return
- Purposeful and innovative work in a fun, relaxed and flexible working environment
- A fair salary and industry leading staff benefits: including 5* holiday lodge accommodation! (ask to see our benefits brochure for the full list!)
- Training and development support to be the best you can be, awarded the “excellence in L&D” award by Construction news and “innovative raining provider” by the ACE
- We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited company, standard that is currently held by fewer than 1% of IIP accredited organisations!
- We trust our people and give everyone the opportunity to develop with the right balance of support and challenge
But don't take our word for it:
“Curtins has always given me the right amount of responsibility and support to go with it- the company trusts me. I’ve never really wanted to work anywhere else.”
"Being an employee owned trust means that we are the ones shaping and influencing our future and the culture here at Curtins - not investors with competing priorities"
"One of the reasons I love working at Curtins is there is so much input from everyone around us, There is a family feel to it"
Why wouldn’t you want to be part of the Curtins family?
You can apply completing the short online application form, feel free to contact us for more information or a copy of our benefits brochure on:
📞 07706 354 840
Should you wish to discuss any adjustments to the application process or provide us with feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to discuss ways we can make the process more suitable to your needs.
We value diversity and respect all differences in people. We invite enthusiastic individuals who share in our values of teamwork, client focus, integrity, and quality to apply to join us.
What happens next?
- We aim to review your application and contact you within 2 weeks
- If successful, we will meet in person or virtually for 30/60-minutes to get to know each other better. Here we will tell you more about the role, so you can decide whether it is right for you
- If the role is a good fit, we will progress to a more formal Interview; this will last around 60 minutes and you will have the opportunity to showcase your experience
- If successful, we will make you an offer of employment followed up with our contract of employment to sign and return
- At this point we will agree a start date and will support you prior to joining us
We know that insightful feedback is extremely important when you are looking for a new role, and so we always aim to provide you with this at each stage of the application process.